GoKunming Forums

Indian Visa

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

Does anyone know the easiest and quickest way to get a Visa for travel in India while living in Kunming? And if so, about how long would it take to get one?

Regards,

prd34

rlowe (25 posts) • 0

The answer is that there is no easy way. If you're not Chinese you must either go to Beijing and wait 5 days to get it there or pay a travel agency in Kunming who provides Visa services to do it for you. Expect to to pay about 500 - 700RMB for the service. If you drop down to Bangkok it's the same story, both an additional fee to the Indian Consulate to apply and at least a five day wait.

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

Thanks for the info! Can you recommend a travel agency in Kunming that does this?

rlowe (25 posts) • 0

You might try Kang Hui Travel agency, its a few blocks before the train station. Their telephone number is 8021567. I'm not sure about their English language skills though.

bucko (695 posts) • 0

MIA can help you in Kunming. She speakes English.
FYI, I am American, she is my wife.

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

Well, I guess whoever opens up a travel agency on Wenlinjie with an English speaking staff catering to the foreigners living and passing through here with visa services and cheap airline tickets is going to make a lot of money!

bucko (695 posts) • 0

Ok prd34, I will tell her to call you. I didn't want to post her number here right off. She will call Friday.

prd34 (59 posts) • 0

OK Bucko! Thank you! If we aren't home, ask her to leave a message on our answering machine and we will call her back. Yes, we have one of those old-fashioned answering machines. Many Chinese people don't seem to know what one is and when they hear the message they seem to initially mistake it for a live person. "Wei Wei." When no one answers this, then they seem to fall into a quandary: "Why aren't they answering me?" :) Cheers! prd34

Related forum threads

Login to post