GoKunming Forums

'Green card' process may get easier

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

A friend who has been married to a local just got his "green card" expect the application, once accepted by the local PSB for transfer to Beijjing PSB to take at least a year for processing.

As more people are eligible for these long term visas the processing time will get longer as there are only a few cops working on these cases in Beijing.

Anonymous Coward (329 posts) • 0

Is it just 5 years married? Or does it have to be 5 years married + lived in China the entire time + worked in China the entire time? I've heard different variations on this one.

I've been married for over 5 years and I would like to apply if there are any benefits to doing so.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

I got a copy of the regs a few years back but that was before the 2013 revision. You must be married for 5 years and must be in country for at least 9 months of 1 calendar year.

I got the regs when the PSB office was still in Beijing Road from the 14th floor main office. I am sure anyone can get a new copy from the office in TuoDong Road.

english.people.com.cn/90782/8459176.html

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Helps to be useful, in terms of PR or cultural diplomacy, I think - 'China and America (nations, those clanking mechanical dinosaurs) are friends' - as if friendship were not a human relation based on mutual understanding and appreciation between real face-to-face individuals. Such usage, like all hype, is a bastardization of language and communication for the purpose of manipulation.
Hmm - anyway, good luck with your 'green card' applications.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

People with money can always get a green card(Da shan, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren buffet, etc. etc. ). It's us poor folks that can't unless you have a healthy bank account and invest in China. I don't think that's changed yet.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Hey, money is social capital as well as economic capital - power - something rather undemocratic.

Related forum threads

Login to post