GoKunming Forums

Racquetball or squash in Kunming?

espinaca (2 posts) • 0

I was wondering if there are any racquetball or squash courts in town. Any info would be appreciated.

I know when I was here 7 years ago there was a sports club in the XinYing district that had squash courts, but I can't remember where it was, and the way things change in KM, I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if it was still there.

Actually sth downtown would be more convenient, but just to know that they do exist anywhere in this city would be a huge comfort. Thanks!!!

hedgepig (273 posts) • 0

i haven't played squash for years (hard work!), and i'm not often in KM, but when i was last there in september i saw a big poster advertising squash on a building next door to the stadium on the huancheng xi lu / renmin xi lu

just in case you're a tennis player too: www.gokunming.com/en/blog/item.php?blog_id=40

good luck in your search - if you find anything suitable, do drop a note back here...

piers (144 posts) • 0

There are squash courts (4) inside the Kunming City Stadium in a building located at the rear of the car park. Court rental is 30 kuai per hour and you can also get racquets and balls from them. There are changing rooms with showers.

There was a tennis court on the roof of a building on the renmin lu/qingnian lu junction. Opposite McDonalds on north/west corner. Not sure if it's open to public but looked nice (I used to live in the building opposite).

If you're looking for somebody to play squash with please contact me. My previous playing partner isn't in town much. Weekday afternoons best for me. Email is piers_tussaud@hotmail.com

squash (3 posts) • 0

Hello

I am an ex pro squash player. Can you tell me where I can play in Kunming ? Prefeably as a member

Thanks,

Conor

everon (1 post) • 0

HI Conor, i am also looking for a good place to play squash, did you find somewhere? I just arrived in Kunming and will be living here for a least a year. I play a pretty decent game. would you like to hook up for a hit sometime? zenlygstyles@yahoo.com

Jelles (5 posts) • 0

You can find a squashcourt next to Kunming stadium. The court however is terribly fast due to the weird floor, but it's ok if you are not too picky.. I will be there on Sundays, hope to meet you one day..

Related forum threads

Login to post