GoKunming Forums

Spiciest Food in Kunming?

tommann (423 posts) • 0

I am addicted to excessively spicy (hot) food. I have had some really great stuff in Kunming, especially Dai minority food. Can anyone recommend a type of food or a specific restaurant, that you think may have the spiciest food or dish in all of Kunming? Chime in, fellow heat enthusiasts!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I would assume you have had Chongqing hot pot by now. But if not, there are a few joints in Kunming, though these are just shadows of the real stuff you get in Chongqing or Chengdu.

harukimurakami (27 posts) • 0

There is a Dai joint in a guys home in a laneway off Jianshe Road that cooks really spicy food, if you tell the laoban you want 特辣。The laoban's not actually dai though. I love the spice, particularly in the 炒米线, but the 小米辣 always kills me the next day, so i don't go there often anymore.

The laneway is close to the train tracks, and opposite a pharmacy if I remember correctly (left turn if you are heading north on jianshe). other people might be able to provide better directions.

The restaurant is cheap, and often dingy looking, but worth a look in i'd reckon.

baiyuxiang (111 posts) • 0

There's a place called Laodao Ya (talkative duck) on Minhang Lu between the first and second ring roads. The hotpot there is fairly spicy, although I'm probably a poor judge of spice levels since I grew up with zero-spice food.

xiaococo (53 posts) • 0

Cold Spicy noodles!!!!! Cold spicy noodles!

I got so addicted! Has flat noodles peanuts corriander lots of special sauces.... Ooooo so good, only 2-4rmb in old town, you have to go half way thru and u see a little road, on the way to food street/ just off food st. Used to eat it every day wen I lived in cn. Need to know the recipe now!

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

Go to Chapter One and order their 凉拌黄瓜, ask for extra spicy. I've been in pain for most of the evening. Don't forget to drink the juice afterwards.

Related forum threads

Login to post