GoKunming Forums

The GK meet up

tommann (423 posts) • 0

This sounds like fun. Is this tonight (Thursday, July 12, 2012)? If I am finished with work, I will stop by for sure!

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Why not just list real name - - occupation - - any personal relevant data wish to share.

JJ Fletcher
Retired US Navy SEAL

Chinese wife (married 41 years)

Cheers

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@JJ - happy 41st wedding anniversary - somewhat belated. Wish you both many many more.

As for personal info - in this day and age of the internet - better to stay dark and just share info in person (which is sooooo anti-Facebook). Identity theft has and continues to be a serious issue around the world, so the less personal info provided online - the less we expose ourselves to ID thieves.

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

JJ, if you married at age 18 then you should be at least 59 years old - that should make you a Vietnam Vet and you married some time in 1971 correct? Retired with 20+ years?

Most should know me by now - www.hugoyunnantravel.com/

JJ and Janice (324 posts) • 0

Hi Hugo - - correct about married in 1971 (but 4th wife) - - so now I'm 74!!

Was in VN for 3 tours - - medical discharge in 1980 as LCDR.

Wrote a book about it "Devils With Green Faces - Navy SEALs in Vietnam"

Coffee sometime??

Cheers - - JJ

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Jerry - I saw your book in google. We can meet sometime after all the anonymous people here finally meet in public. Lets hope this Friday meeting results in some Real face to face interaction. I will PM you next week after I get the results of this Friday meeting.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@HF
I was in sorta in Okinawa 96-98 (SOFA civilian). Lester, Foster, Kadena, Yokosuka and Misawa, Guam, and South Korea (name a hospital or clinic and I was probably there).

@JJ
I'll hunt around for your book - it's in the house somewhere. You can pass it along to HF (assuming I can get it to you in time). Don't forget to autograph it this time!

HFCAMPO (3062 posts) • 0

Laotou, we can all meet sometime. I sure would appreciate a copy of the book. My son was born in Lester Hospital in 1992. Tommann, the posts here clearly says Friday, not Thursday.

Related forum threads

Login to post

This thread is locked.