GoKunming Forums

New Airport Hotels

geekrider (28 posts) • 0

For what it's worth...The only time we've been refused a ride it at the taxi shift change around 5pm. Probably had about 5 taxis see where I was going and say no, and about 10 others who just waved at me. I was stuck in the North and could not get a ride for me and my two kids back to the Green Lake area. (My wife also had a similar problem around 5pm in the Green Lake area just trying to go to the Carrefour.)

However, after waiting for about 45 minutes, someone picked us up. Otherwise, my experience has been that taxis stop when you hail.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

@Ocean

I live in the north. For two years I often took a taxi from Jiang Dong Hua Cheng, during the school year, to YUFE. Its about a 10 minute ride but I allowed an hour because of the taxi problem. Rules seem to be, first choice pick up Chinese, second ask where the fare wants to go, Many times I watched taxis refuse 3-4 Chinese, as well as me, before driving away. This was at about 7 to 7:30am, shift change time. At other times, I would expect to be turned away 2-3 times.

Luckily, a few drivers recognized me and I got a lot of rides to school with no more than a nihao.

Now I live on Beijing Lu, also in the north. I get refused about every other time at least once, latest was last Saturday evening. I do have better luck in town when going home.

Now I don't work and ride the bus free. If I take a taxi once a month I am splurging.

Related forum threads

Login to post