GoKunming Forums

Ship a package to Europe

patchi (13 posts) • 0

Hi, I just realized I've been shopping too much on Taobao and I need to send a package home. It shouldn't be more than 10 kg (I hope).
Does anyone have any experience in this and know something about price? From what I read the prices are very different.
I'll go and ask at the post office but if anyone have any other idea about which carrier to use etc, I'd be happy to know.
Cheers!

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

China Post is the cheapest option. I've heard stories that it's not always reliable. However, if the stuff you're shipping isn't something that is difficult to replace, just get it insured. If you're shipping a one-of-a-kind piece of jewellery that you hand-crafted yourself from the tusks of an elephant that you wrestled to the ground in the jungles of Africa, go with something more reliable like FedEx or UPS.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Be aware that there are some things that China Post won't ship, even in China. These include CDs not just obvious things like fireworks.

blobbles (958 posts) • 0

Magnifico, are you speaking from experience? Did you really wrestle an elephant? Wow, you really are magnifico!

Careful that you don't ask for super fast shipping, its heinously expensive. I paid (I can't remember the exact price) about 150 RMB to ship a piece of paper to New Zealand! But I needed it there in about 3 days so it was necessary. And New Zealand is in the boondocks so no surprise.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

But if you use the cheapest option, expect it to take a random amount of time starting from 6 weeks to...well sometimes it doesn't make it.

HK is a more reliable place to mail stuff from. Keep it in mind if you should be headed that way.

Also, you might want to check eBay or whatever shopping site your home country uses. Some stuff may not be worth shipping if you can just reorder there. I know in the USA, eBay sells lots of stuff from China, mostly electronics.

CromsonCromson (145 posts) • 0

China Post will be alright, i paid about 700 RMB for a 20 kg package (Music Equipment) to Germany. I think the option i choosed was "land/sea", they also have "air" and other options. It was delivered 3 weeks later. Make sure that you dont pack at home, because you have to do it in the post office.

As far as i know, all kind of liquid's and lighters are forbidden.

For big shipments, DHL/TNT and whatever are too expensive. For 0.5kg you will pay around 300 RMB (of course 3 days delivery).

patchi (13 posts) • 0

Thank you all for your input.

I don't understand the pricing though, I've sent small packages to Sweden before, 1-1,5 kg for about 200 kuai (Land/Sea). So you can send 20 kg for 700 to Germany? It shouldn't be that more expensive to Sweden.

Related forum threads

Login to post