GoKunming Forums

some suggested forum guidelines

Adrian (14 posts) • 0

We actually have had to step up moderation in recent months, deleting individual posts and/or locking entire threads on multiple occasions. There are some that barely see the light of day because they are promptly dismissed.

Obviously, there are guidelines for acceptable use of these forums and we are in the process of updating them. However, GoKunming has always been an open platform that relies heavily on user input for content, information, and community support. As we eventually transition GoKunming into a more in depth and broader site, self moderation will still be integral.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Nicole316 (6 posts) • -1

it's easy to see who feed the "trolls" you called. Trolls? Obviously, you guys have too much time, you like stick to someone who don't care about you guys and just cant stop.

Just some poor "expats" dont know how to have a good life on this planet.

Empathy for the old one can't find your "wife", empathy for the one who has "local wife" but still spend time fighting chinese girls here. Just empathy.

YHBT_YHL (8 posts) • 0

Thanks for the update, Adrian. It speaks well of you that your moderation activities have thus far been invisible, and I think maybe sometimes might also be nice to see some some public action to help people understand what's appropriate and what's not.

For an example of a site with great discussion and moderation, go over to MetaFilter (and read some of the conversations with mods in MetaTalk).

Very curious to know more about your plans to expand GoKunming...

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

Please ignore Nichole. She's an ex of mine who I left for a younger, more open- minded local girl.

Overall I think the moderation here is pretty well- suited to the type of site and level of discussion. Too much moderation will turn- off possible site visitors, and as others have said, generally things are pretty good- natured and inoffensive. Sometimes even helpful.

Nicole316 (6 posts) • -1

The old "experts", the old "self-centered", the english teachers, check yourselves first, the one cant have a good life, ask yourself why. Try to be modest. Spend your time on your"study" instead of fighting with and chasing after "chinese girl" on this forum. "给脸不要脸," learn these words, then you will know what you are.

nnoble (889 posts) • 0

goKunming has served the local community well, I've certainly looked upon it as an asset over several years. The anarchic, or near anarchic element, has contributed and been an integral part of the overall success.

Problems have emerged fleetingly and then died out. Zealous moderation would be an onerous task in what must already be a labour of love. I can see why this is being suggested now but if moderation became the norm it could well serve as the prelude to a long, lingering death. Even the so called trolls serve as a barometer of opinion both local and foreign.

It's a relief to hear moderation will continue to go largely unnoticed.

Nicole316 (6 posts) • -1

oh contraire. I'm just another expat watched your shows on this km website. interesting show. But pleasure can give you some directions.

Nicole316 (6 posts) • -1

Shame on you "old guys", empathy for your lives, just follow mama's instruction and you will live well.

Related forum threads

Login to post