GoKunming Forums

Gardening supplies in Kunming

Ryann (5 posts) • 0

I always like to do a little bit of gardening, I always find it really relaxing. I want to grow some tomatoes on my balcony and some other spices because I do a lot of home cooking and can't say I'm crazy about the general quality of vegetables. I have no idea where to start though, does anyone know where I could get some supplies. Soils, fertilizers, maybe some hydroponic equipment since the weather in Kunming looks like it promises to be pretty variable over the next few months. If anyone has any idea where I could get even the most basic gardening supplies I'd be really thankful.

joshwa (67 posts) • 0

The bird and flower market will have soil and fertilizer (there is also another large pet and garden market behind the car dealerships at the southwest corner of bailong lu and yuanbo lu). I also saw a small box of garden tools at the north walmart in the tools section...

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

B&Q, or Metro seem to offer a good choice in the summer. See when the new stock comes in in spring. Hydroponic equipment???? You can make your own poly-tunnel/cloches.

Fried (24 posts) • 0

Dounan 斗南 near Chenggong in the southeast of kunming has a massive garden market where you can find all kinds of garden supplies.

Related forum threads

Login to post