GoKunming Forums

Non-profits and NGOs in Kunming

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

We're in the process of getting our non-profit registered in China. We've already got it registered in the States, but navigating the process here is a bit of a headache. Anyone out there have any experience recently with the procedure? I know it is different than it was 2 years ago.

everyday (11 posts) • 0

What kind of NGO you are referring to, there is a convenient center right beside the government building on Dong Feng Dong lu, it has different department for the whole register process you can check with them.

For those interested in non-profits and NGOs in Kunming, Salvador's will be hosting Kunming's first Green Drinks this coming Wednesday, March 30th, from 5-6pm. www.greendrinks.org. Green Drinks is a casual monthly meeting for local NGOs, non-profits and those interested to learn more about such. Hope to to see you all there.

@everyday. We are working with rural development projects in Lincang. www.villageprogress.com.

sanyiseul (104 posts) • 0

Colin, Green Drinks is a great thing. Nice idea to start it here in Kunming. I will be there!

everyday (11 posts) • 0

The rural development project is good for the Chinese, it shouldn't be so hard, I heard they say registered a company there was quite fast, maybe better for you go check in person. Non of us have had NGO experience before.

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

Colin - the process is indeed a huge headache (the NGO I work for has just gone through it). I would suggest you contact Health Policy Initiative/RTI International and ask for their advice. I do not work for them, but know that they have been working with local NGOs to explain the new registration procedures.

Their office phone number is 0871-317-0909.

angelaknee (2 posts) • 0

Come be a part of Green Drinks Kunming - China's 4th only Green Drinks City and first western outpost (after Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou). This Wednesday March 30, 5-6pm at Salvador's is our first gathering in Kunming. If you can't make this date, don't despair, we'll be holding monthly gatherings. Visit our web page at greendrinkschina.org/en/km or email greendrinkskunming@gmail.com if you have questions.

Thanks for the connections. The process has only gotten more difficult the past year, so your help is greatly appreciated. They don't make it easy to navigate. Hope to learn more tonight at Kunming's first Green Drinks.

angelaknee (2 posts) • 0

Green Drinks Kunming is holding its second gathering next Wednesday May 11th from 7:00-8:30 at Chapter One (upstairs) on Wenlin Jie. Drinks will be happy hour prices for all Green Drinks participants. This is an opportunity to meet people working or interested in the energy, environment, and sustainability sectors in the Kunming area. All drinks will be "happy hour" prices for Green Drinks participants. Feel free to bring a friend along and come support China's 4th only city to have a Green Drinks chapter. Visit our webpage at greendrinkschina.org/en/km for more information or to sign up for our newsletter. You can also email us at greendrinkskunming@gmail.com for more information.

(Green Drinks is an international group with over 700 active cities worldwide)

Tonight at 7pm there will be another Green Drinks meeting at Chapter One. If you're interested in or involved in non-profit or development work in Yunnan, this forum provides an opportunity to network with others in the field. Hope to see you there.

Related forum threads

Login to post