GoKunming Forums

Recommend a good chinese medicine doctor?

jonny9 (59 posts) • 0

Hi, I am looking for an honest, reliable, Chinese medicine herbalist.
English ability is not essential.

jonny9 (59 posts) • 0

Thanks, but the whole point of starting a thread such as this, and indeed of these very forums, is to avoid just randomly looking up (in this case)a doctor in some listings somewhere and rolling the dice.

The point is to hear from someone who has personal experience with a specific doctor. The last thing I want to do is go gamble blindly at the hospital, where 1 out of 3 doctors is worth seeing. Also, being introduced personally by another patient is also helpful.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Johhny9
Even with a referral - it's sometimes hit & miss - always gotta be the conspicuous consumer. Anyway - on Wuyi Lu (where most of the military hang out) is debatably one of Kunming's more famous TCM hospitals. If you want to see an acupuncturist/TCM physician I can refer - he also has a satellite clinic near Macdonalds on Renminglu across from Parkson (in that vicinity). I was referred to this specific TCM doc by some old friends.

There's also a GIGANTIC TCM place across from that huge temple who's name escapes me - but is in the vicinity (within 1km) of the east gate of Yunda - but it's too gaudy for me - but has the right TCM smell.

Please PM me for his name and clinic number - you should visit him at the TaoYuanGuanChang clinic first - cuz it's smaller and less hassle than the big hospital.
ZERO english at these places.

zhubajie (57 posts) • 0

"There's also a GIGANTIC TCM place across from that huge temple who's name escapes me"

Yuan Tong Temple.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

J9
I have first hand good experience with the WuYi hospital - but again to me, it's hit or miss depending on the ailment, specialty of the doc, the referral, etc.<br>
One of my students also recommended the ShenAi hospital - based on her personal experience. Mostly having to do with nerve damage so the treatments are a combo of acupuncture and herbal medicine.<br>
As the whole TCM is a mystery to me - I can only recommend but cannot vouch as your milage may vary (YMMV). My experience is recent - her's more historical (before they renovated).

zifang (1 post) • 0

Hello TCM doctor: if you are interested in working in Switzerland, please mail: info@medichina-schweiz.ch

sethos88 (9 posts) • 0

good luck,tell me pls if you found a good one.
I'm searching since 1 year. I have big Chinese friends circle but even this didn't help.seems that the general opinion is that the common TCM doctors here are more interested in selling you a lot of shit than healing you... what a pity that it seems easier to find a good one in Europe than china :-(

Related forum threads

Login to post