GoKunming Forums

Looking for a book?

Ian_Kunming (126 posts) • 0

No Culture English Book Exchange

Shakespeare, Marlowe, Blake or Rowling, Larsson, Irvine Welsh-

Drop by for a chat, coffee and cake, bring your used books and grab new reading material.

One for one - the way it should be.

As You Like

Sunday, November 7th, 3-6pm

Looking for something special? Got the whole Charles Dickens Collection but not sure if you wanna haul it all the way to As You Like?
Post your haves and wants here, maybe you'll find your literary soulmate!

TeacherAshley (21 posts) • 0

Unfortunately I have plans for this Sunday, but I'm really interested in this if there's another one in the future!

I have copies of Anne Rice's "Interview with a Vampire" and Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" I don't mind never seeing again.

gabe (5 posts) • 0

That sounds cool. I've got some James Morrow, Malcolm Gladwell, Bill Bryson and Stieg Larsson to bring along. 1 for 1 yeah? That sounds great!!!

Ian_Kunming (126 posts) • 0

Message from Cryzion:

I have a few i'd like to trade—"The Keep", by Jennifer Egan, "A Short History of Nearly Everything", by Bill Bryson, and a few others...any takers? :)

DaMiao (66 posts) • 0

XinHua bookstores are everywhere, but languages are somewhat limited in most. There's a few second hand bookstores and they post their new selections here often.Kunming has a public library over by Xiao Xi Men that has a selection of books in various languages. Take your passport and be prepared to leave a deposit(refundable) and they'll give you a card.

Related forum threads

Login to post