GoKunming Forums

Yunnan Green Film Festival canceled?

RossP (14 posts) • 0

Does anyone know why this 4-day film festival, co-sponsored by the Norwegian consulate and an academic group at YunDa, was suddenly canceled at the last minute? Would be very curious to hear what anyone knows or thinks, since it looked pretty interesting... If you've got something you think is too sensitive to post publicly, email me at rperlin83@yahoo.com.

Philou (208 posts) • 0

I contacted the festival by email and they replied it wasn't canceled. I'm also curious: what is going on ?

enjoykunming (12 posts) • 0

www.yigff.com

For whom is interested to watch the gree films please contact the people below :

云南大学西南边疆少数民族研究中心影视人类学实验室

地址中国云南省昆明市翠湖北路2

邮编:650091

联系电话:0871-5031607, 15812143054

电子邮箱: cxlxsb@yahoo.com.cn

service.international@yigff.com (英文服务)

service.china@yigff.com (中文服务

I heard it is been rearranged for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the 3 floor anthropology department building(next to the east gate of Yunnan University, near Yuan xi lu 云大东门) from this afternoon.

For more accurate information please contact the numbers listed above, since I got these information from a friend but not myself is involved with the event.

Teddy (2 posts) • 0

Did the festival happen? Has anybody seen any films?
Who won the prices?
1st Award: Golden Monkey Award (50000 RMB)
Special prize of the Jury (25000 RMB)
Audience Prize (10000 RMB)
I am just curious...

RossP (14 posts) • 0

Not sure about the prizes, but I did see some of the films. I particularly liked the three films of the "Community Story Series about Traditional Culture and Nature Conservation" (传统文化与自然保护的社区故事系列:《盛开的红莲花》《香格里拉之眼》《鸟语者) made by director Lu Bin (吕宾). The second of the three was set not far from Zhongdian/Xiangegila, the others in Qinghai, all dealt with Tibetans' connections to nature conservation in original and distinctive ways.

Thanks for posting the rescheduling info, enjoykunming.

Related forum threads

Login to post