GoKunming Forums

Flights arriving in Kunming

Pete B (23 posts) • 0

Help please I will be arriving in Kunming from Chengdu mid November after travelling from the UK and quarantining in Chengdu for 14 days will I be able to stay in my own apartment and quarantine for the required 7 days

fabey (124 posts) • 0

OP, keep yourself updated in the coming days. The Delta strain has arrived in Chengdu. High-profile concerts and athletic games were postponed or cancelled there. Mass testing of specific communities in CD already begun. Sister province-level municipality Chongqing is currently hit with strict travel restrictions and mass testing.

fabey (124 posts) • 0

Travel restrictions into Yunnan for non-essential purposes for nonresidents now imposed, despite national local transmission cases declining to 40s on Saturday, from 60s on Friday.

Furthermore, China's zero-covid approach is here to stay according to official reports over the weekend.

tigertigerathome (172 posts) • 0

@Pete B. Looking at what @fabey posted. It would probably help to have on hand a copy of any documentation to show that you will be resident.

If it is for a job, get your employer to scan and email a letter to this effect, with an address where you will live (if that has been organized).
If for family reunion, get the family to scan email you a copy of the household ID, rental agreement, of the address where you will live. As well as a signed letter saying you will be living there, and a scan copy of the ID card of the person signing the letter.

You may not need these, and I am not saying that this will do the job, but it will go a long way to help baffling the bureaucrats into submission if they do start dithering.

Pete B (23 posts) • 0

Thanks for all the advice decided to postpone the trip to next year probably after the new year hopefully it all might get more straight forward then

Related forum threads

Login to post