GoKunming Forums

Missed first dose COVID-19 vaccine

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I found out too late that I needed to get the first dose by Jul 18.

Since that time, I've been scrambling to no avail with YanAn and Calmette about getting the 1st dose.

They have said I can ask about it during the 2nd dose date, but chances are slim.

Anyone have any ideas, information, or phone numbers I can contact regarding vaccines foreigners?

I am assuming that I shouldn't bother trying to get the vaccine in other provinces or Beijing or Shanghai since it's registration tied?

I feel like a big idiot, but I am trying my best to rectify this oversight.

livinginchina (232 posts) • 0

Gokunming was late in listing this important information. Maybe they can look into it for you. Contact them. Have you try calling the Yunnan International Travel Health Center?
Tell.9871-6761994 or
Mon. to Fri. 8:30AM-11:30AM;2:00PM-5:00PM
Address:Kunming, No. 488 Riding Village

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

@Livinginchina.

I haven't.

Thanks for the info.

I'll definitely give them a call to see what they have to say.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Gave the Yunnan International Travel Health Center a call.

Since they don't give out the vaccine, they don't have any information or ideas regarding on where to get it.

It's looking like I go back to the hospitals during the 2nd dose period and ask about my situation and hope they are more flexible then.

You can't be the only one that missed the first shot. My guess is that something will be in place for those that missed the first and second shot.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

That's most likely true on both regards.

I even inquired about paying at private hospitals for the vaccine when I was asking questions at YanAn and Calmette, but they said that's not a viable route either.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I called all three listed hospitals today. All had the same response, that I had to call 114 and get in touch with the Kunming Foreign Affairs Office. After speaking to someone in the department responsible for the vaccine rollout, they said at this time I would not be able to get either the first dose or second dose in Kunming as a foreigner. They don't have any foreseeable plans to offer another round either. The only route to getting vaccinated in Kunming is these two windows at those three hospitals. Private or other hospitals are not an option.

My only option it seems is to find somewhere in China that is not Kunming, like other parts of Yunnan or other provinces that will allow me to get a shot there.

If anyone has information regarding getting the COVID-19 vaccine shot outside of Kunming, I would appreciate it.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Another set of windows has opened for foreigners who missed his or her first shot. This information isn't confirmed but this is what I was able to find out.

Aug 20th Friday. Calmette hospital. 8:30am-5pm. Appointment phone 15877990400. www.gokunming.com/[...]

I called today. The phone was powered off. Most likely they will answer the phone a day or two before.

sunjiangyu (24 posts) • +1

Looks legit, quote:

From August 20th, Kunming provides COVID-19 vaccination for foreigners willing to be inoculated
(Press release)

Kunming Municipality has started the first inoculation of COVID-19 vaccines for foreigners in the city, on the basis that they are informed, voluntary and willing to be inoculated at their own costs and bear the corresponding risks. Foreigners who have missed the first inoculation expressed their willingness to be inoculated through various channels. Therefore, Kunming Municipality arranges two time slots to provide vaccination for foreigners willing to be inoculated. Let’s take a look at the arrangements:

1. Is there an age limit?

Foreigners who receive the inoculation must be 18 years old and above, meet the vaccination eligibility requirements as well as work, study or reside in Kunming.

2. What kind of vaccines will I receive?

The city currently uses the domestically developed inactivated COVID-19 vaccines. Two doses are required for the entire inoculation process with 21 days of interval.

3. How do I make an appointment for the vaccination?

(1). Foreigners in Kunming can make an appointment for vaccination through the following channels: international students and foreign teachers may file an application through their universities and foreigners employed in Kunming may apply through their companies. The universities and companies will collect and sort out their list of foreigners who need to be vaccinated, and then make appointment with the designated hospitals. Companies that make group appointment must provide the appointment list to the hospital. Other foreigners in Kunming may make an appointment with the designated hospitals by themselves.

(2). Appointment hotlines of the designated hospitals:
Kunming Calmette International Hospital: 15877990400.

4. What is the schedule of inoculation?

From 08:30 to 17:00, August 20, 2021 for the first shot;
From 08:30 to 17:00, September 10, 2021 for the second shot.

5. Where can I receive vaccination?

The vaccination location is: Kunming Calmette International Hospital.

6. What documents do I need to provide?

Foreigners need to provide valid ID when making an appointment for vaccination. At the vaccination location, they must show their Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card of the People’s Republic of China or passport and valid residence permit in order to receive vaccination, making sure that the relevant certificates are not expired on each day of receiving the vaccination. Those who are covered by medical insurance must bring a valid medical insurance certificate (Social Security Card) and a photocopy of the Social Security Card.

7. What documents do I need to sign?

Before receiving the vaccination, for your own protection, do inform the medical staff of your own health conditions. The professionals at the designated hospital will then determine if you are eligible for the vaccination. Those who are eligible for the vaccination will sign the Informed Consent and a Disclaimer Statement on receiving the vaccine.

8. Do I need to pay for the vaccination?

Foreigners covered by China’s social security and medical insurance will receive vaccination free of charge by presenting their medical insurance certificate (Social Security Card) on the spot. Foreigners not covered by China’s social security and medical insurance plan and are willing to be inoculated must be vaccinated at their own expense. The total fee is 100 yuan/shot (including vaccine fee and vaccination service fee), and the payment must be made in RMB cash.

9. What should I do after receiving the vaccine shots?

After receiving the vaccine shot, you need to stay in the observation area for 30 minutes at the site of vaccination and may only leave the site if there is no discomforts. If you experience persistent fever or other symptoms after vaccination, you must seek medical attention and report to the designated hospital immediately.

10. How do I get the vaccination certificate?

After the vaccination is completed, you may request the vaccination certificate from the staff of the designated hospital.

I knew they would schedule it again. It makes sense that you weren't the only one that missed the first shot. Hope all goes well for you. By the way, tell them why the Wechat healthcode app doesn't shows that you received the vaccination. It's been several weeks and still no change.

Related forum threads

Login to post