GoKunming Forums

Now's the time to start a band

sean1sean1 (82 posts) • 0

Any musicians, if you have time and want to consider starting up a band, I have just arrived to KM and plan to do just that.... anyone with decent ability at ANY instrument, western or Chinese, drop a line and we can get the ball rolling on this. If your locked into a particular genre of music, (I.E. you want to start a band that is classifiable as something like rock or folk) this is not the band for you. I have a few recordings of some things ive done mixing guitar and guzheng in the past, id be happy to share those too.... remember, the sooner we start, the sooner we start to get good.

kickkick (51 posts) • 0

thank god you're here; i thought i was alone in my creative pursuits. essentially, i throw doom metal and east coast hip hop over 8-bit beats and i think a bit of guzheng could really complete my vision.

Willem (21 posts) • 0

I play piano, guitar and bass/upright bass. I don`t own any of those at the moment though, but I know there are a lot of musical instruments at the Movie Bar. Maybe we all should meet there for a jam once?

Philou (208 posts) • 0

yeah! every tuesday evening from 9pm... good place to meet other musicians. Willem, there's a piano there and I think it's not played enough. come join us tonight!

Related forum threads

Login to post