GoKunming Forums

Chinese driver's license

smr11 (5 posts) • 0

You will definitely have to read the book if you intent to pass the test. Without reading the book you might score 35 percent.

Dont try to do the test in any other language than English.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

"One rumor says that it is always the same 100 questions in english, doesn't it ?"

I took the computer test in English (without any prep) a couple of months ago, scoring 76% (pass is 90%). I then spent time studying the 2000+ possible questions (from the downloadable document doing the rounds here) and retook the test (passing with 96%). The questions are certainly NOT the same. I'm afraid the English is pretty poor on many questions, too. Even knowing the answers doesn't guarantee you can understand what some of the questions actually mean or why the other options are wrong. (eg "What should you do at a red light: "Stop", "Yield" or "Not pass"!). Some supposedly correct answers contradict other supposedly correct answers! I just dismissed the blindingly obvious answers (and there are a lot of those) and learned the remaining 200 or so parrot-fashion! If you have a driving licence from elsewhere, the traffic signs are very similar. The various speeds and police fines under different circumstances take some memorising though! Good luck!

tom_granada (3 posts) • 0

Does anyone have an English version of the Kunming Traffic & Driving Book for taking the drivers written test on computer? It would be most helpful.

Thanks laotou. Is this a English text? The file is quite large. Unless it is, I won't download it. Thanks Anyway.

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

total cost is 90 rmb......

dont need ant physical training if you have foreign licence...

scams are everywhere...........dont pay anything other than official office.....

yours truly ...the rippped off person.....mike

Thanks laotou & Ouyang. I have downloaded the file. It is in both Chinese & English. It will be very helpful in taking the knowledge test on the computer.

ewinkz (8 posts) • 0

Hi all,

I am looking for English version test Q&A, appreciate if anyone share it with me. My qq 1795161204

Related forum threads

Login to post