GoKunming Forums

Monkey Business with KCEL Reviews

ASatiricalBloke (103 posts) • +7

What is happening with these reviews? Someone would post a negative review and invariably, fawning reviews would pop up to counter it. As is almost always the case, these reviews, good and bad, are posted by new accounts.

Word of advice to management of KCEL, public airing of spats will not leave a good impression with your students. Instead of asking your students to come on and leave positive recommendation, or creating fake accounts yourselves, create an official KCEL account and objectively address the complaint that would assuage potential students who were put-off by the negative review.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • +7

@ASatiricalBloke
I agree. It's too easy to have others create 'accounts' for the purpose of giving a positive review to counter a real review from a previous/current student that is negative. The negative reviews given in the last post was detailed point by point.

It's sounded sincere to me.

alienew (422 posts) • -5
Comment hidden by user downvote Click to expand

@ tiger: it would, tiger, but we are talking about profit-making here as the motive force for speaking, not about what is ciivilized (whatever that might mean), honest or true.

egorelickegorelick (1 post) • +6

The same thing happened with the reviews of a few other language schools too (some of the sketchier English language academy type places come to mind). It's kind of pathetic to be honest.

alienew (422 posts) • 0

OK, so somebody explain it in another way, I'll listen - question was, 'What is happening with these reviews?'.

Related forum threads

Login to post