GoKunming Forums

Vintage Cafe - What happening to the food?

barekarma (11 posts) • 0

Hi Folks,
Vintage Cafe is on Wen Lin Jie, and use to have a very good menu (like European salads). They have recently been refurbished, and had a new menu. However, the staff there said they do not do food any more. My Chinese is very poor, so I could not find out if this is temporary and permininate change. Does anyone know more details?
Thank, Barekarma

DanTheMan (620 posts) • 0

I liked their food, but I stopped going (pre-renovation) after the third time I waited an hour for a sandwich. Too bad, I like their Vietnamese coffee too, although that was a 20 minute wait.

rlowe (25 posts) • 0

They didn't have a business license to serve food and they're kitchen was completely illegal. After a recent inspection their entire food operation was shut down because the authorities will allow no more establishments with kitchens in that entire area. As with most things: everything is okay until it's not.

timkunming (87 posts) • 0

I ate there once and we found a piece of glass inside our dish. Needless to say we haven't been back since.

surruk51 (8 posts) • 0

They seem to be serving food again. Same menu, same great salads. Maybe evening only though, and I believe Tuesday evening is the chefs night off.

Related forum threads

Login to post