GoKunming Forums

where to get vaccines in Kunming

Wedsff (5 posts) • 0

Is there a place in Kunming to get vaccinated?
neither the hospitals and the centre for disease do

them seemingly. Looking for hepatitis A, typhoid, and a tetanus booster.

any idea?

nnoble (889 posts) • +1

Surprised about this. I had these vaccinations and boosters done at a university campus clinic, albeit a few years ago. Had to wait a few days for vaccine delivery but otherwise no fuss, no issues. Getting a 'no' on first request doesn't always mean it can't be done. Ask a different person in a different way sometimes works; "I need help......"

Napoleon (1187 posts) • +1

The international clinic where you get your health check for the visa do all this.

Ri Xin Road underground station, beside the river.

michael2015 (784 posts) • +1

We were told to "buy" vaccines from a pharmacy, in preparation for a birth. When we presented the vaccines to the hospital (same doctor), the hospital rejected our vaccines as they "could not verify" the vaccine source - which seriously p'd me off (¥600 wasted). So we tried to return the vaccines - which of course, also failed as they could not verify the returned vaccines had not been tampered with (makes sense, but irritating nevertheless).

LESSONS LEARNED
Get the hospital/clinic to order them for you.

TO VAGUELY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
I'm not sure about the typhoid and tetanus boosters, but the hep vaccine (gamma globulin - not sure which flavor of hep that's for) should be available from most clinics - you just need to prepay, then come back about a week later, once the vaccine(s) is/are delivered.

If you're a foreigner, some will turn you away with an arbitrary made up excuse, just in case something goes "wrong" or they don't know how to process the records with long foreigner names & passport #s (just pad the number with leading zeroes so the total number of digits is the same as Chinese ID cards - typically 18 digits).

My wife uses the local tiny clinics around where we live for kiddie vaccinations - after that experience with the big baby hospital. Turns out the hospital could have ordered the vaccine for us - so we highly suspect the physician who directed us to buy the vaccine off-site was doing something not quite normal or ethical.

As @nnoble mentioned, if you work for a university - they usually have their own clinics & hospitals, so have your office staff help you arrange vaccinations there - less overhead and complications...

Related forum threads

Login to post