GoKunming Forums

Getting vaccinations in Kunming

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

DKladybug,

Yes, you can buy all kinds of vaccinations at the CDC. We have a 9 month old, and my wife has bought all his vaccinations there. If you need any further directions, let me know.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

Although the US CDC threw out the immunization causes autism in infants lawsuit (the one about certain immunizations to newborns to 2yo causes sudden or latent autism) - just make sure they shake the bottle if it says SHAKE THE BOTTLE (or the chinese equivalent). Dunno why they put mercury (Hg) and other heavy metals in some of these potions.

For us, aside from the post delivery shots - we waited until our kids were 3-4 yo before we started up with the immunizations except for the gamma globulin (hepatitis boosters). Despite the CDC recommendations, we wanted our kids' little bodies to be a little more mature before dropping all these chemicals into them.

Why 3-4yo - that's pre-school age and is a requirement for attending pre-school in all Beijing licensed preschools.

no way (104 posts) • 0

yunnan normal has a clinic on jienshe lu across from the

campus where you can get some vaccinations.

baiyuxiang (111 posts) • 0

I was to the CDC with a Chinese friend (mid-January) looking to get immunizations, and they referred her to the Entry-Exit place down by the airport, but perhaps they thought she wanted them to administer the shots.

Related forum threads

Login to post