GoKunming Forums

Getting vaccinations in Kunming

birdabroad (40 posts) • 0

I'm looking for some advice on getting vaccinations. I may need each of the following, and I'm wondering where I might get them, how much they might cost, and if there are particular brandnames that I should ask for:

- Typhoid
- Japanese encephalitis
- Rabies

Thanks!

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

You can get them at the clinic on Wenlin Jie,,Turn left after you leave French Cafe (away from the cinema) and you are there,, I got Jap Enc and Typhoid there,,they may not do Rabies as sometimes you have to go to a special clinic for that,,but just ask.

Better to use the imported vaccine.

YenxFox (1 post) • 0

The only place I found that would do rabies vaccinations without any hustle was a place on Dongsi jie. I can't remember what it was called, but if you walk south from Jinbi Lu, it's just a few 100 meters down, on the right side of the road. I think one shot was 78 yuan.

Sikaote (8 posts) • 0

I'm planning travel to Jakarta Indonesia which requires Americans to prove vaccinations for Yellow Fever upon entry. Since I've never had such a vaccine to the best of my knowledge, where can I get one in Kunming?

If possible, please post or email me in English and Chinese so I can show the taxi driver, and be able to tell the doctor what I want.

Perhaps at the same clinic on Wenlin jie?

Thanks for your help.

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

If you go to a Chinese clinic, you will get Chinese vaccinations. They may or may not contain the vaccination you are looking for. Therefore, I suggest you go to the Center for Disease Control. There you can buy imported vaccines there. They cost more, but you know what you are getting. It is on the road that goes from downtown to the Carrefour where the old Louiswon was. It is the road that has one of the two old pagodas on it. The street also has some multicolored light over the street. Across from the pagoda is a KFC. The Center for Disease Control is on the same side of the road as the pagoda. This is the best place to buy vaccines. You can either get them there or buy the vaccine and go somewhere else to have the injection. My wife buys it and then goes to the international clinic to have the injection. Hope this helps.

DKladybug (5 posts) • 0

Seahorse62 would this Center for Disease Control have the vaccinations needed for babies as well? My daughter is in need of her 4 month shots soon and I am wondering where to get them. I have not had a good experience at the Richland International Hospital. My other option is to have them picked up in Thailand and administered here. Any suggestions??

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

One can always try the Yunnan University Hospital. Some of the doctors speak English. It's next to the old campus in Cuifu - as it used to be part of Yunda.

Related forum threads

Login to post