GoKunming Forums

File Sharing sites in China?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

I would like some recommended legal free file sharing sites in China in English. Usable without a VPN and not normally inaccessible. I have found OneDrive often not available and QQ difficult at times.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • 0

Basically simple files like audio, images and short videos over 10-15mb at this point.Files just to big to email.Even a few GB's of limited free storage. A lot of file sharing is not allowed.

nnoble (889 posts) • +2

'Wunderlist' is worth a try.

I've been using it for several years for sharing timetables, class agendas and written documents.

Had not tried larger files until

just now when I uploaded a 13mb MP3 IELTS audio file from my laptop and downloaded it successfully to my telephone. Meets your criteria but don't know about where it's hosted.

It's cross platform and free for all but really heavy data users.

beijingesc (2 posts) • -2

Why not to use onedrive - the Microsoft product- which come with Windows 10?
OneDrive is more reliable and trustworthy, right?

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • +1

Nnoble thanks worth a try. Beijingesc I have found Overdrive not accessible most of the time from China. DanThe Man pan.baidu.com is fine except not easy to navigate in English. QQ.com English email seems to work ok online.

beijingesc (2 posts) • -2

Frankly speaking, Every expat in China should have a VPN.

With VPN you can access OneDrive.

File Sharing sites in China are designed for Chinese, so English interface is not a must.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • +1

Considering VPNs are illegal, and are often successfully blocked (albeit for a short period) and it is feasible that the authorities will find more effective ways to take them down, relying on storage and file sharing that rely on them is not risk free.

Long-Dragon (390 posts) • +1

Wunderlist will download to the phone as a android APK file.

My opinion on VPN's is similar to tigertiger.There is potential risk for foreigners t5o use anything illegal in China.

Related forum threads

Login to post