GoKunming Forums

Help! I've squatted and I can't get up!

kc430kc430 (81 posts) • 0

1. What do old folks or disabled folks do when it becomes physically difficult to use a squat toilet? I've heard some resort to installing Western toilet stools. What other strategies are there? I'm at the age where I wonder about my squatting fate a few years hence.

2. One Gokunming poster mentioned a special chair that fits over a squat toilet, can be folded for convenience and camping. Helpful, the poster said, for Westerners who have trouble bending at the knees. Where can you purchase them?

3. From all the camping and backpacking I've done, I must have squatted outdoors thousands of time. Why then so blasted difficult to stand up from the squat position? Finally dawned on me—weight gain, dummy. Oh dear, now to develop a regimen to lose weight. I have not been very successful in the past, hope this time is different.

4. What makes extricating myself from squat even more difficult, is carrying a pack on my back with what I consider daily essentials (jacket, glasses, book, electronics, water bottle, etc.) AND THERE IS NO HOOK ON THE STALL WALL. Sometimes I have wished for handles on the walls so I can pull up with my hands, or bungee cords for a little upward spring. Lately I have resorted to hooking my pack over the corner of the stall door and closing the door. Hopefully pack will stay put (so far so good). But sometimes there is no door, and of course I don't want to set pack on the grungy floor. Maybe I could carry a metal hook to place over the top of the wall for hanging the pack. But then there are those rural restrooms with thick half walls, or no walls at all. What to do? Suggestions from your collective wisdom welcome.

Liumingke1234 (3297 posts) • 0

You can buy it at a pharmacy. They sell wheelchairs and this like wat you are looking for. Go to 一心堂 and you will dind it.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Ans for 1 and 2
You can buy these comode stools in most Walmart, and many Carrefour, and larger pharmacies. People carry them in the car.

Ans to 4
When people get to that stage,when they cannot cope alone, they can get a helper. For Chinese people, with no sense of privacy, this is normal.
As for the backpack, if there is an attendant, ask them to hold it in the office for a few minutes.
Otherwise a hook might help.

My biggest fear in all these situations is the old exploding diarhea. So fat this has only happened where there has been a matong.

Noodley (26 posts) • 0

If your explosive, volatile diarrhea blasts out with enough force, it will actually levitate you to a sitting height and position!

Daithi (426 posts) • 0

Unusually snarky comment from u Alien! Perhaps the turgid muck these last months on the forum is getting to u? A useful topic I think.

Related forum threads

Login to post