GoKunming Forums

English Dentist

Craft (1 post) • 0

Looking for an english dentist in Kunming, preferably the north.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Is 'English-speaking' what you want, or an English person, or someone trained in England, what?

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

@craft Do not worry about Alien, he is smarter than everyone else here so we must all communicate as though we were Vulcans so our feeble communications penetrate his deep intellect. I understand you. There are some clinics with English speaking dentists, I went to one and it was okay except for the fact they do not prescribe pain killers for later. Novacaine no problem. The staff spoke no English, only the dentist, and I recommend taking an Chinese speaking friend if possible. I got the info from here somewhere on GoK. There was more than one option and I actually never went back. I use a hospital dental clinic but they speak no English. I get as I have been there before by or my wife goes with me or talks on the phone if things get weird. AM going back in a month or so. Private rooms are the selling point for me there.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Love my Dentists in Beichen area. Chen Fen Yuan speaks a little english at 18787478752 or Li Qing Xiang 15911740416. I had broke corners of 2 molars and they drilled out old fillings and repaired for a very reasonable price. Last summer bit into something hard and broke off part of their repair. They repaired like new and refused to take any money from me. I was in USA last summer visiting my family and had a free dental check up. My dentist was impressed with the quality of their work and they had not pushed me to do crowns.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

@Alien, very reasonable. Had x-rays, drilled out old teeth and because old fillings were very deep dentist packed teeth with antibiotic, temporary fillings for 4 weeks. When i had no discomfort she rebuilt both teeth. Total cost was less than 1,000 rmb.

Related forum threads

Login to post