GoKunming Forums

Rent a Laowai

YumiBaby (5 posts) • 0

Dear all,
I'm looking for a Kunming based agency renting western guys to chinese commercial events, no professional models, any contacts? Thank you.
Yumi

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Like the one that used the two foreign female students who were jailed, fined and (according to some versions) deported for doing modeling at an auto show?

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

If you contact an agency then they would most likely represent professional models... and by professional I mean not truly professional. Why don't you just advertise here with the details and if you get someone you don't have to pay a ridiculously high agency fee.

Maybe replace the word renting with representing next time.

YumiBaby (5 posts) • 0

@zhudan, thank you for your reply.
Not like that, only for fun, my friend wanna experience that and it's only for making a little bit pocket money during his trip

YumiBaby (5 posts) • 0

@goldie122
Hi, you are right, since my guy is not professional at all but quite good-looking though. I'll throw another post by following your suggestion, thank you very much

The Dudeson's (1106 posts) • 0

...and the western guys will get ripped off. The market fare for any white face, speaking or non-speaking part is, ca. 2000RMB/day but some still get away with paying 400RMB /day.
And worse, some laowai's like to do it for the fun, making it hard for professional actors to make a living.

Professional models are 8000RMB and up.

So Yumibaby I very much hope you will not succeed with your big rip-off.

zhudan (204 posts) • 0

Yea. This is a rip off for somebody. Maybe Yumibaby (!!!) and her hot laowai beefcake boyfriend sound just attend the Walnut or Mud festivals instead. Lot of info on that posted by our new travel advisor HFCampo.

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

If the western guy wants to work for 400 per day then so be it. Maybe some are just starting out and have to get experience. If it's a "real" part then that company will pay real money and expect a real actor or model.

Not sure how many professional models are here anyway demanding 8000/day.

It's like tutoring.... if some are willing to charge only 120/hour then how are the "real" teachers supposed to get what they are really worth?

Actually Yumi, I thought you were the one looking for a foreigner.

YumiBaby (5 posts) • 0

Hey guys,

No need to get agressive, we just saw an article in The Atlantics and a short movie made by the NYT and just wanna have an experience and fun. That's all. Nobody is attending to break the market with an indecent salary or anything else.

@Goldie122, i'm not looking for a foreigner

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

So what? If the proper rate is 400, not problem. If the proper rate is 1000, and you get paid 400 because of your ignorance, and then you find out.....?

Related forum threads

Login to post