GoKunming Forums

Scuba divers in Kunming

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

I wonder where the nearest hybar chamber is? Thailand? The bends in Kunming might prove fatal.

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

As Krismoonpie said, there is diving in Fuxian Lake, but there's not much to do or see there. Luckily, Kunming has direct flights all over South and Southeast Asia, often quite cheap if you time it right, so you can easily get to some great diving destinations.

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

To be fair to Fuxian, most freshwater lake diving probably falls in the not much to see category.

jooyoung (3 posts) • 0

Ok thanks for the all information, Diving here looks like so shit and dangerous. But I dont care much because diving conditions cant be always good and altitude diving is not dangerous.

First of all, i wouldnt answer so negative things if someone ask me diving at some place. what people can feel about diving spot is totally up to them. I saw so many people still enjoying diving at freezing lake, mulky and dark sea in Germany, England and HongKong Etc.. Also i saw people still cant satisfy at Sipadan.

I totally agree diving should be safe and u can be safe if ure ready and trained. U can learn altitude dive as a adventure dive in Advaned open water course of Padi. This means if u certified as openwater diver and u have a short class with instructor, u can dive at altitude. (from 300-3000m.) And we have RDP and computer to check deco time at altitude. So pls stop talking altitude dive is dangerous. I respect some people are very conservative diver, but People can try new things whithin the standard and training level. Pls Dont scare people by using the words DCS, Bend..

Anyway, if there are still people who want to, lets do this extremley crazy thing!

Related forum threads

Login to post