GoKunming Forums

Bus from Bus station near airport to Beichen

snakey (9 posts) • 0

Gday, can you tell me which bus to take from the bus station "near" the airport (where the subway terminates), to near Walmart, up north on Beijing Lu?
Thanx

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

If you want to be near the Walmart then you don't want to go to Beichen.
The 919E bus goes to the north bus station which is about a 10-15 minute walk from Walmart, or you could get one of many buses to go the few stops to Walmart.
I live right at the bus station and do that walk all the time.

debaser (647 posts) • 0

airport bus #3 goes from the airport to the north. I know it stops somewhere very near Walmart and it also stops on Linyu lu. Y25 one way. convenient.

OK Snakey, you've got 2 options.

The 919E bus is one of the white ones that collect their passengers at the far end of the terminal (out the door and turn right). Price is 13 RMB unless you have a transit card which will get you a 10% discount.

The #3 bus is one of the gold buses in front of the terminal. I've never used them so don't know if that's the actual pickup point. If it stops "very near Walmart" then it could be that last stop on Beijing Rd. before turning west onto Linyu Lu. It will also stop further along Linyu Lu right near the north bus station.

snakey (9 posts) • 0

Thanks for all your comments. Please forgive me for poor communication.

I am not asking about the bus from the airport.
I am arriving from the south of Yunnan to the bus station that is about a 15 minute subway ride from the airport. It is from this bus station that I want to get close to the northern WalMart. Sorry again for not being clearer. Thanx

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Yeah, that is a different story. I guess the bus station you mean is 东部汽车站, the current end of subway line 6. From what I can tell, for buses it looks like you have 2 choices, K18 or 906, which both go past the north Walmart.

Really different story. I went to that bus station once by taking the subway from the airport and could not find any buses that would take me home (near the aforementioned Walmart). I ended up taking a taxi!

Quester (233 posts) • 0

Wow, is it that bad? The online map looks like the local buses leave from way out behind the terminal. but of course online info is only an ideal, maybe it doesn't exist in real life!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

There is a major city bus station there, and it's a little walk, but not very far, and easy to find because most of the pedestrian traffic outside is coming or going to the city buses. I'd say there should be a bus to the north, as lots of buses to choose from. The eastern bus station is so far out though, it will be a long long ride, and you may have to transfer to get to your actual destination.

JanJal (1243 posts) • 0

Might even want to consider taking the subway from the east bus station to airport, and then one of the airport buses to where you want to go (or close).

Related forum threads

Login to post