GoKunming Forums

Airplane Ticketing

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

I booked a flight the other day using China Eastern's website - in English. It was the cheapest flight I've every booked in China! Kunming / Chendu return for 500 RMB (plus tax and fuel surcharge) for a total of 720.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Oldish thread it seems, but always relevant. My Chinese wife swears to Ctrip. We must have ordered tickets at least 20 times over the past years and never had any problems. Just go for e-tickets and show your passport at check-in. If you want to wait for real in hand tickets it usually takes a while, but that's supposedly the case for all the net sites. Highly recommendable.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

I have used c-trip several times for in china flights with great price and used e-tickets. Their International flights are not competitive however. I need to go back to usa sometime in late spring and wonder if anyone else has noticed prices are already very high.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

C-trips service dept. was great when i was concerned about e-ticketing as was mentioned before just need to show your passport at airline counter with no problems.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

I also had a strange experience with elong. I called for a quote and they said they would call me back. Half an hour later, I received a text message saying they couldn't quote me a price.

What kind of travel agency is unable (or refuses?) to quote a price on a flight?

Oh, I get it. I have just entered The Travel Agency Twilight Zone.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

@Wanderer, sorry I'm not sure if they speak English in the Think UK travel place. You can always pay for someone to translate. It won't cost much.

I found another one online that seems to offer services in English.

www.naturallychina.com
Naturally China is an online travel service platform operated by a team of professional travel experts at the English Marketing Department of Kunming China Comfort Travel Service Co., LTD (CCT Kunming).

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I use CAYA

gokunming.com/en/listings/item/cay_22219/caya

I go on elong's web site and search the flights and prices. Then I call CAYA. What ever flight I pick, CAYA matches elong's price, usually without me asking. Then they send a guy, 1 to 2 hours, to my home and I pay him cash. I get an eticket and a receipt.

Once you have booked and paid you only need your ID to get on the plane.

Maybe that would work for FengKe. Get an eticket and your friend can show ID where ever to get on the plane.

HalfwitWanderer (7 posts) • 0

About CAYA:

1. Does CAYA do domestic flights as well as international?
2. Does anyone know their hours? I tried dropping by their office but they were closed (it was Saturday afternoon).

Related forum threads

Login to post