GoKunming Forums

Somewhere I can buy a dehumidifier?

leifolini (4 posts) • 0

I just arrived to Kunming and live in a student doorm. My room has very humid air so I get sick and it's hard to breathe. The ventilation possibilities are very bad. Is there any where I could buy an air dehumidifier?

leifolini (4 posts) • 0

I couldn't find Gome or Suning on google maps, but Walmart and Carrefour are about 20-30 km away. I guess that'll be the closest ones. Thank you!

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

If you are looking for a machine to dehumidify your air, those aren't very common here as there air is quite dry here. Best to taobao one. You can buy the chemical dehumidifier pellets at Walmart or C4, but you need a lot to make any difference in a large or very humid room. But they are cheap, so give those a try first. Or just move out to another dorm or an apartment.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

air is dry normally, rainy season soon be over. room could have toxic chemicals in the decoration. formaldehyde is often in stuff here, espcially mdf flooring. decoration would have been used cheapest materials.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Odd your room is too humid, that's rarely the case here - suggest you try to get a different one. It may not seem that way, but are you sure its not just a problem of getting used to the altitude (i.e., you find it hard to breathe)? If that's it and you've just arrived, don't worry about it, you'll get used to it soon.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Using dehumidifiers is facist, it means you hate China because *We all know* there is nothing wrong with Kunming air, it must be the China hating foreigners fault.

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Using dehumidifiers is facist, it means you hate China because *We all know* there is nothing wrong with Kunming air, it must be the China hating foreigners fault.

Related forum threads

Login to post