GoKunming Forums

Hospital recommendations for giving birth

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

dumb question. how about 'i want a western doctor' 'where can i find subway''where can i buy clothes shoes that fit' ''where can i get a good coffee withut being told to drink tea' 'where can i ask dumb questions in the english language'

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

How are those "needs", and not, "special requests"? It would be like a Chinese person moving to England, and insisting on special Chinese food, special Chinese clothes, special Chinese vendors, etc. Why can't people just do the same things that 1.5 billion people around them do?

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

If you have ever given birth in China and in your home country, you would understand why someone would request a foreign doctor. Doctors here also have little experience in 2nd or 3rd births and their bedside manner is nonexistent. They also have little or no understanding of privacy. I wish I could help but haven't given birth in Kunming. Having a baby is a private thing but in China they treat it like you are on an assembly line... a Western doctor would be more sympathetic to your needs.

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

chinese person moves to england. wants chinese food and chinese medecine. tcm practitioners and chinese supermarkets (love them chicken feet) to be found. i dont have a problem with that, 63 million brits dont have a problem with that, 430k chinese in britain dont have a problem with that. so whats your problem (rhetorical)?

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

'It would be like a Chinese person moving to England, and insisting on special Chinese food, special Chinese clothes, special Chinese vendors, etc.' That is EXACTLY what many of them do. And it's not a problem.

mickeyh (119 posts) • 0

Dazzer, there is nothing objectively wrong with that. But it is incredibly annoying to see post after post complaining about China, and only talking about Western things. Sorry: I should not let it get to me. I know that, and I apologize.

Haali (1178 posts) • 0

Mickey - you don't have to visit this website and read these forums. If the complaining bothers you that much (though I don't know why it would), stop checking GK. You certainly won't stop it by complaining about the complaining!

goldie122 (645 posts) • 0

@malavika... is this your first baby? Also, I never came across a hospital that allowed men to be in the room with his wife either during delivery or even at the doctor appointments.

Related forum threads

Login to post