GoKunming Forums

New No smoking ban

AlPage48 (1394 posts) • 0

When the last ban went in we talked to some workers in a restaurant (where it was supposed to be in effect). They were not even aware of the regulations.

Laws in Kunming are routinely not enforced, so the increased fines won't have much effect either.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Daily Mail rehash of a story related to the Beijing effort. This will affect the city of Beijing. As the photographs have been lifted from The Guardian news website, which incidentally published a more detailed story the day before, one can assume it has been sloppily re-written.
'Twitter' reference? TIC no twitter.

As the poster above, and the newspaper articles, point out the crux is enforcement.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I think they meant Weibo. Does anyone know the specific account?

It would be nice if the publishing of offenders went viral and remained just like the Finger of Shame project from Jimmy Kimmel.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Beijing also have a more direct sense of the rule of law, and its economy is not reliant on tobacco. As for other parts of China, I too will watch out for porcine aviators.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

@bucko
Pigs can fly - it's the landing that's the problem.

As for Beijing's no-smoking ban - I thought that was limited to Beijing. Here in the tobacco center of South China - and REALLY far from Beijing - no smoking is more voluntary and oft ignored.

Alexez (349 posts) • 0

" has even brought in a hotline and 'Twitter' feed where people can report smokers who flout the law " ???? is Twitter working in China now without vpn? or is vpn legal now? My gf thinks that Chinese will never report another Chinese, so that made an option on Twitter for foreigners :-) So are they trying catch foreigners braking the law by using banned soc.networks? :-)
Speak of soc.networks, even CCTV News ( Eng. I think chan.16 ) say: follow us on FB or Twitter. Im confused here now.

Related forum threads

Login to post