GoKunming Forums

Huayang School ?

SpartansSpartans (184 posts) • 0

Has Huayang sorted out their differences with the PSB ? I read here www.gokunming.com/[...] that 6 students from Huayang were unable to renew their student Visas. Has their Guanxi with the PSB improved at all?

I'm trying to recommend a Chinese school to a friend who has recently arrived, and with Kcel being so badmouthed here I was thinking of Huayang, but I don't know if it's a good pick. Could anyone recommend a school or college?

Dazzer (2813 posts) • 0

think should look at how many people are bad mouthing kcel is it a group or one angry man. anyone defending kcel?

Hillary715 (2 posts) • 0

I think Huayang is good,I have a friend who studies in there,he has a good comment to Huayang,so it's a good choice.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

On one hand you have one business that has a lot of feedback, including a few (or one, repeated several times) negative ones. On the other hand, you have one business with few comments, but with a least six of their customers who had issues that affect a crucial part of the transaction.

Geezer (1953 posts) • 0

I will defend KCEL. Having taught a few years, I feel what you get out of any class depends on the effort you put in. That said, KECL teachers were OK to Excellent, and that worked for me.

The big bitch with KCEL seems to be with the management. The student pays, gets the visa, then wants to study somewhere else. Somehow, because KCEL resists, it KCEL's fault.

Full disclosure: I do not like KCEL's owner and have told him so to his face. But I was always treated well and received what we had contracted for and more. I do recommend KCEL as a good school.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

I have no complaints about KCEL either, and although I've heard negative news about the management, it never affected me. However, I found Keat's equal to or better than KCEL in terms of teaching, and the management there surprised me in a positive way - made an honest mistake about my visa, apologized for it when I pointed it out, then unhesitatingly paid me back the cash (US$200, 2 crisp new bills) that the inconvenience was going to cost me.

Samderz (1 post) • 0

As i am currently studying in Huayang school, to tell you about the school, it is a good school with good working environment with lots of good teachers whose teaching capabilities is awesome. for me when i first came about 7 months back, i didn't speak any other words besides NiHao but now i can communicate with chinese people in simple manner. So, anyone who wishes to study in Huayang, i would highly recommend to study there because of good teachers and good working environment.
By the way, about the visa problems with PSB, through my understanding i have come to know that some people has been here for long time on student visa and can barely speak simple chinese also.....

Related forum threads

Login to post