GoKunming Forums

KMG airport to city centre

Delibeli (21 posts) • 0

Dear forum users,

I am thinking about visiting Kunming and would like advice or suggestions related to getting reliable transport from KMG airport to the city centre.

Is there a subway station, shuttle bus or are taxis the main option. How much does it normally cost If I take a taxi to the city centre, I had someone quote me 300 RMB one way!

Lastly any suggestions on good accommodation such as hostels in Kunming 'The Hump' has been recommended.

Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

Taxi. Taxi to the airports is more expensive than taxi from, as taxis don't want to go there because of the dead mileage. They want to negotiate a price off meter. This also depends on time of day, and what part of the city you are coming from. I have paid less than 300, although I have been quoted that. Taxis from the airport to down-town are less than half that. Lots of taxis at the airport.

Airport pick-up. There is a guy advertises on here for airport pick-up and he used to be about 150.

Metro. There is an article on here about the Kunming Metro, and has had a recent update about services. I believe it does run from the airport but not sure about the time of the last train.

Airport bus. Mentioned in a previous post.

Coming to Kunming, timing. Expect Chinese New Year to be expensive for travel and accommodation. Very busy, make sure you book early. Or travel at a different time.

xb6asd (170 posts) • 0

black cabs at airports are about 30yuan per person, its a bit cramped but much faster than busses.

neddy (277 posts) • 0

There are airpost buses that go straight into town, to several different possible stops. Research those. They are 25 RMB, comfortable, fast, and much cheaper than taxis.

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Subway is inconvenient unless you live near the east bus station. It also opens late and closes early. Bus is a direct journey and doesn't take that long.

Alien (3819 posts) • 0

Right, the airport buses are pretty quick, not comparable to ordinary city buses, which make A LOT more stops (fortunately for in-city transportation), and I've never been on one where I couldn't get a seat. Airport buses also have more room for luggage.

Related forum threads

Login to post