GoKunming Forums

Local Organic Vegetable Delivery... Interested??

colinflahive (167 posts) • 0

The Kunming CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Organic Food Club is planning to launch distribution by March. So far there seems to be about 20-30 people interested in receiving weekly to bi-weekly delivery of local organic veggies. If you are interested too, please reply to this thread.

Deliveries will be made 1-2 times a week to one shared location. Vegetables will be assorted and weigh a total of 5 kilos. I think that this is a program that could be a nice addition to the Kunming lifestyle. I encourage those interested to reply to this thread or email colin_flahive @ hotmail.com as soon as possible.

Cheers

Xiefei (539 posts) • 0

I'm in, when I'm in town. At that level of interest, you (we) might as well start thinking about a co-op

The cost will fall somewhere between 40 and 55 for 5 kilos of assorted veggies. We're still trying to work that out. In the future, we might be able to work organic meats into the mix. We will try to give the option of 1 or 2 deliveries per week.

As far as I know, there is no local organic fruit in Kunming. I hope this will change, but for now, this Organic Food Club will only include veggies. Meats can be added once the Club gets organized.

So the Kunming Organic Food Club will arrange it's first pick-up on Friday, March 13th. The price has been settled on at 40 RMB per 5 kilogram package. Each member will be responsible to bring a reusable bag to pick up their veggies. We will also sell natural, reusable bags to those interested in supporting the Club.

Pick-ups will be every Monday and Friday at our new gift shop around the corner from Paul's Shop on Wen Hua Xiang. I will also organize a trip for all of those interested to visit the farm. It's a beautiful place to spend a day and the food can't be beat.

For those interested in joining the Club, please email me at colin_flahive@h o t m a i l.c o m. Provide your name, phone number, and if you would like to pick up on Monday, Friday, or both.

Cheers, Colin

Related forum threads

Login to post