GoKunming Forums

HIV testing

John P. Doe (3 posts) • 0

I'm embarrassed to even ask this question, but I don't know where to turn. I got drunk a few months ago and did something stupid. Although I wore protection and I've had no symptoms, I feel the need to get tested for HIV.

Can this be done in China without giving a passport? Are there home tests that can be bought? Is going out of country to Thailand the only option? I'm looking for a little advice. Thanks.

Magnifico (1981 posts) • 0

you did something stupid only once? you're doing better than most of us.

John P. Doe (3 posts) • 0

Thanks for the words of encouragement—least I think that is what that was. However, I am looking for a few answers. Got any other advice?

sorry, don't know.
wait. someone one the forum will be able to help you out.

YuantongsiYuantongsi (717 posts) • 0

I dont know where but I read that there NGOs that do ID free Aids tests. Try to find them. As a laowai the government will kick you out if they know you have aids.

Dr Robert Willner Injects HIV
www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vbwILsLsY

sorry, need a VPN. but basically it's a video of someone named Dr. Robert Willner who injects himself with HIV to prove that he's not afraid of HIV because he knows scientifically that HIV does not cause AIDS. (or any other serious health complication, apparently).

rustyhalo (5 posts) • 0

there are home testing device you can easily get from Taobao.com

but there are also some NGO here in Kunming offers free tests. Ill ask my friend for you.

rustyhalo (5 posts) • 0

CDC in kunming offers free tests, it doesn't matter if you are foreigner or not. But they require a valid ID. Your personal information will not be shared or comprimised. I do recommend CDC.

Gay community and NGOs do have free ID-free testing according to my friend. But the accuracy is not very well thou. If you insist not giving your personal information out. Just purchase the test online and do it yourself.

lawlz0mg (201 posts) • 0

mag you know there are meds you can take....phep or something.. one if taken can protect against hiv (have to take it every day) also another that you can take after youve had sex with a pos person but have to take it within 3 days to clear the virus but the side effects are hell.

Related forum threads

Login to post