GoKunming Forums

International Shipping With China Post

Shyam (244 posts) • +3

Hey Folks! I'm back in the U.S. now. I know that some of you wanted to know the outcome of my China Post shipments. Everything arrived...albeit not at the same time.

I sent a total of 5 boxes. One arrived about a month ago. Then, it was another week until I saw the second one. Then, the remaining 3 arrived within a couple of days of that. My guess is that China Post handles a huge volume of packages and even though I sent all of them at the same time from the same office, they just got tossed into a huge pool of packages and were scattered. I guessing that they were sent on different ships.

Everything arrived in good shape. The China Post guys did an incredible packing job. I sent 30 pieces of lab glass samples back and all arrived safe. I also noticed that all of the nylon strapping they put on was intact, so its evident that nothing was inspected, or tampered with.

So, my final verdict on China Post international shipping is overall very positive. Just pay attention to the details given in this thread and you shouldn't have any surprises.

Good luck...and Happy Holidays!

jopasny (184 posts) • 0

Thanks for the update, reassuring to hear. It looks like the price for a 30kg box is about half of what I paid to get them here in the first place.

C RayC Ray (4 posts) • 0

Does anyone know to which Post Ofc in Kunming you must bring your stuff?

I've done these shipments before in Xian and Tia'an.. and you had to deliver everything to one specific China Post Ofc...? Any location info would be helpful.

I live in North Kunming...

The_Dude (17 posts) • +2

The post office at Beijing lu (云南省-昆明市-官渡区-北京路225号北京路) has always done a good job of shipping small / medium personal parcels. They are the main handling centre for parcels going abroad so they're knowledgeable about procedure and pricing.

Related forum threads

Login to post