User profile: Tacksoon

User info
  • Registered
  • VerifiedNo

Forum posts

Forums > Living in Kunming > Would really appreciate some advice on a few things! :)

I assume your partner is Australian. It is really quite easy to apply for a F visa in Sydney and they give you 90 days multi re-entry without asking, which is quite good. You can try and ask them for 120 or even 180 days. Who knows, you may lucky and get longer visas. I have heard of people getting 120 days but not 180 days.

Forums > Living in Kunming > Hiking in Yunnan

Please send me an email with your cell # and I will call you to talk you through. Unfortunately I am going early Dec and will not be walking for a few months. However our group will still be continuing if you are interested.

Forums > Living in Kunming > Hiking in Yunnan

We do hikes weekly behind Jin Dian 金殿. Take a bus to jindian and then take a mianbaoche 面包车 upto the back of the hills and walk down back. There are several routes in the hills there and each will take you to different places. Usually, these hikes take about 4-5 hours depending on the routes taken.

Forums > Living in Kunming > if you like camping, here is a club

Hi everyone, I met one of the organiser about a week ago when they had an outing at the back of Jindian金殿。。which we do each week hiking for about 5 to 6 hours. Had chat with the guy, yes it is an interesting club with weekly events and big outings during the National Holidays. They have done many trips, I was told to places like Tiger Leaping Gorge, Snow Mountains etc. They are a local club with hardly any foreigners but they said they will welcome foreigners....I think it is a great way to socialize with the locals. We hike with a local almost every Saturday at the back of 金殿, there are many routes there and 金殿 is easily accessible by buses and after that we take local vans to the various starting points depending on where we want to go each week. If anyone is interested please email me at and we can take this further.


No results found.



No reviews yet