GoKunming Forums

Hiking in Yunnan

Maude (32 posts) • 0

Does anyone have any information about independent hiking in Yunnan? Are there any guide books with suggested walks or good maps available? I would much rather go without a guide but I need some pointers.

Thanks!

marsha (7 posts) • 0

it is easy, you still can go Hutiaojia near Lijiang for Hiking without guide,
1) take a bus to Lijiang, about 200RMB ;
2) take again a bus to Hutiaoxia, cust about 35 RMB;
3) buy i tiket 25 RMB;
4) use your foot with your 1 or 2 bottle of water
there are always people in the way;
there are soem restrauent for food, and sleep well
in 2 days or 3days hiking ...
I thnk you will find more when you are there
good luck

Maude (32 posts) • 0

Thanks very much Marsha. I will certainly hike the gorge.

As I will be living in Kunming for at least a year I was hoping that there might be other hikes maybe closer to Kunming. I don't mean really spectacular ones that last days just a nice day's walk in the countryside. The country around Kunming looks really beautiful but I could do with a good map or suggestions of some walks to get me started.

Tacksoon (10 posts) • 0

We do hikes weekly behind Jin Dian 金殿. Take a bus to jindian and then take a mianbaoche 面包车 upto the back of the hills and walk down back. There are several routes in the hills there and each will take you to different places. Usually, these hikes take about 4-5 hours depending on the routes taken.

Maude (32 posts) • 0

Hi Tacksoon,

Thanks very much, that sounds perfect! I've only been here a week so I don't know many places yet. Could you tell me where Jin Dian is or perhaps which bus to get? Is it easy to find the routes at the top of the hill, do you use a map? Thanks very much!

Tacksoon (10 posts) • 0

Please send me an email tacksoon@gmail.com with your cell # and I will call you to talk you through. Unfortunately I am going early Dec and will not be walking for a few months. However our group will still be continuing if you are interested.

natteeice (21 posts) • 0

my husband and i also love to hiking. if you dont mind could you please send me the info you got on Jin Dian 金殿.

my e-mail is natteeice@yahoo.com

thank you

mike4g_air (788 posts) • 0

Hi Maude
I've been hiking and exploring the mountains around Kunming for paragliding sites to fly.

There are beautiful areas just on the outskirts of the city, N,W and E .
Almost every mountain/hills have trails .

North, Ci Ba, pine covered hills and steep valeys with nice views. I go with my electric bicycle or bus.

My favorite is Liang Wan Shan, near Cheng Jiang.
.. 1 hour by car to get there though.

I got plenty of photos of all areas and some are online here www.paraglidingearth.com/en-html/index.php?region=1051#here

I need to explore 2 mountains this winter / spring, one north of Yang Zhong hai and the other is west of Fuming.
I'm always looking for someone to split the taxi..

mike4g_air@yahoo.ca

Related forum threads

Login to post