I am looking for advice from Yunnan experts as well as some information about small roads in southern and southeastern yunnan.
I made a google map where three possible routes are considered: bit.ly/GIoEvO
As it can be seen on the map, the roads in question are:
- G213 (from Jinghong till Mengxing Nanyangcun next to Lvshilin forest park)
- S218 (from Menxing Nanyangcun to Jiangcheng)
- S218 (from Jiangcheng to Mojiang)
- S214 (from Jiangcheng to Jianshui)
We are considering hitch-hiking (for free) on smaller roads. On April 15th we will depart from Jinghong and will try to reach Kunming on April 19th. Thus we have 4 full days (plus one day to reach Kunming) to spend on these smaller roads.
Questions I would like to ask are:
- Is there traffic on these roads? Aren't they almost deserted? Do we have a chance to hitch-hike someone there?
- Which is the most scenic / worth the visit route of the three?
- Will four days be enough to take one of these routes (combined with stopping once in a while, having a break here and there, staying somewhere for a night, seeing rice terraces maybe, etc.)?
- Are there buses to get us out for money in case hitch-hiking does not work out at some point?
All experiences and hints are welcome.
I was hoping to hitch-hike from Dali to Lancang in two days to go to Menglian festivals on April 10th and 11th. Alternatively, a sleeper bus could do nicely.
What is the current situation about that Lincang - Lancang section?
How should I plan my travel?
No results found.