GoKunming Forums

Swimming pool suggestions?

thewonderer (59 posts) • 0

Hi,

I have discovered an outdoor 50m pool just east of Beijing Road, south of the 2nd ring road. Discovered it by accident when looking at satellite images.

It's on Jinxing road, 200m east Beijing road. It was tricky to find, but once you get on to Jinxing road, as soon as you see all the taxi's parked up, you are in the correct place.

It is 30 yuan for a swim, seemed very quiet when i visited. Pool is heated by sun only and was 23C when i went for a swim. Water is clean. In the end I got out because the cold got the better of me. Plenty of space to relax and lots of lockers. Changing / shower rooms were very basic and hot water was so, so.

There is a shallow side for kids, but not really suitable for kids under 5.

I am going to visit another swimming pool west of Beijing road soon. Same area, off Jinjiang road. Has a running track /sports field so not sure if I will have any luck going for a swim.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

I don't think this pool has been mentioned before. The Golden Spring Hotel (人民东路93号金泉大酒店) on Renmin DongLu has a nice indoor pool on 4th floor. It's expensive (80RMB adults, 50RMB children - discount card available for muliple visits; 45RMB a swim) and a little cold when I visited. But clean, 1.5m depth throughout and not at all busy.

Related forum threads

Login to post