GoKunming Forums

Info Ski or snowboarding centers

LeCheffe (3 posts) • 0

I'm looking to go snowboarding, I heard there is a place near lijiang. Has anyone ever gone there or anywhere in or near yunnan province? Price range? Are the rentals and hostels or hotels nearby? Any information would be greatly appreciated! And you are welcome to join the fun.

b galipeau (48 posts) • 0

There is one ski area just outside Shangri-La with 3 or 4 different runs, though the long steep one has rarely ever been opened. The primary problem is that while the area does get snow it doesn't get that much since winter is the dry season, so snow has to be made. I'm not sure how to find out about the current opening/operating status of the ski area, but it shouldn't be too difficult to locate with a Google search. Turtle Mountain Gear in Shangri-La used to have a good deal going with the ski park where they had discounted tickets with all the gear and would drive people out there, but I don't think they're still doing that these days.

LeCheffe (3 posts) • 0

Alright, shangri la, never been but I have some friends going there soon, I'll have them check it out and will search for it in google as well, that usually works. Thanks!

Hiketsu (13 posts) • 0

The Shangri-la Ski Resort (香格里拉滑雪场) is located about 15km north of Zhongdian/ Shangri-la in Nixi Village.

Here is some information I found from last season:
www.nettvl.com/Item/5097.aspx

I haven't skied there since 2008 after that huge snow storm, but it was fun!

blackpotterycoffee.webs.com

LeCheffe (3 posts) • 0

Oh wow, thanks for the info! The price quite good, will definitely check out the cast, hoping to go in February.

Ansileran (43 posts) • 0

Hi!

I want to make sure I understand the prices on the website.

If I go during the week, the price for a full day (for example) is 280 RMB. What is the "in advance price" (预定价)? Is it some sort of discount that you get if you buy your ticket in advance (1 day price would then be 196 RMB) or a deposit you make first and then you pay the balance?

There also seem to be a "season ski pass" with a price of 390 RMB (273 RMB "in advance price"). Is it valid for all week days during the ski season? This is really cheap!

For the rest, 400 RMB deposit + 20 RMB entrance ticket. If you bring your own gear, you only pay 60% of the price right? That would mean that gear rental is included in ski ticket...

About the resort, there seem to be 6 tracks, including:

- 1 for beginners of 250m

- 1 for intermediate skiers of 1400m

- 1 for advanced skiers of 1340m

- 1 for cross country skiing of 1580m
Can anyone confirm the cross-country skiing option? If so, I might consider bringing my own gear over...

Sorry, I don't read Chinese that well...

Ansileran (43 posts) • 0

@LeCheffe

I'd also like to go there in February, probably the week after New Year as I'd like to see Shangri-La in winter. I'll be looking for some travel buddies, at least to go skiing. Would you like to meet there?

I tried to send you a private message but I get an error when I try to access the private message feature...

Related forum threads

Login to post