GoKunming Forums

Gyms near Wenlinjie?

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Okay ill probably at least check it out, but my original question was if there is a gym nearby with at least a bike and treadmill that is reasonably priced. I live on wenlinjie so somewhere fairly close is also preferable. I can simply buy dumbells and jump rope and use them in my apartment, but thats not what im looking for. So does anyone know?

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

Surmount in Xiaoximen. I have a friend who goes there only to shower when her building doesn't have hot water.

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

i've been to a number of gyms in kunming and the best one in my opinion is the haoheng gym on renmin zhong lu. it is opposite the macdonalds and above the pizza hut. it is very well equipped with new machines. it's clean and a friendly environment - no dickheads walking around shirtless and aggressively eyeballing the foreigner (like in surmount gym). also has sauna in the changing rooms. can't remember the price but probably equivalent to surmount, but much less than powerhouse. better value for money if you pay for a whole year. it's about 15 mins walk from wenlinjie.

jojio (54 posts) • 0

haoheng: qingnian lu just north of renmin zhong lu, west side. bus number 2 from wenlin/dongfeng, 5 mins. just a wee bit o detail to chris8080's suggest.

me, i'm gonna wait til dusk, and go dancing to strange disco pop with the ladies in the park for my cardio.
Eh~ Sexy Lady...
Oppan Gangnam style!

yankee00 (1632 posts) • 0

I find it funny how every Haoheng in town is located just next to a fastfood restaurant. Those guys know how to keep people renewing that membership card!

chris8080 (226 posts) • 0

you just have to go there and negotiate with them. it's not fixed. if you pay monthly it will be expensive, best to pay for a year. i think last time i paid 1000 for 6 months, but i think you could get a year for around 1500

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Well I went to haoheng. Definitely a really nice gym, only thing is, they wouldnt haggle with me at all. They were asking 1100 for 6 months and I tried to talk them down to 900, then to 1000, but they wouldnt budge. Not sure if I should go back and try and talk with someone else or what. i dont think its a bad deal but 1000 was really the most I wanted to pay.

Related forum threads

Login to post