GoKunming Forums

Gyms near Wenlinjie?

WayoftheSun (52 posts) • 0

Hey all,

Im looking for a gym preferably near wenlinjie (id be willing to take a bus if its not far but prefer walking distance) that is pretty basic. All I really need is a gym that is fairly clean and sanitary that has a treadmill, bike, and some freeweights. I have found it pretty frustrating to try and dodge people blocking the entire walkway when I run around green lake. Does anyone know of a gym that is decently priced?

viajante (58 posts) • 0

There's a gym on the 4th floor of the building next to the west gate of Yunnan University. I only remember that the fee is ridiculously cheap. By the way, on Mondays, 4-6 pm, and Tuesdays, 7-9 pm, we teach capoeira there. You may consider this, too, and add my weixin for further details: memsahib

awesome, do you know the address or phone number by chance? I want to find it but I will probably have to ask around so I can find out which building its in.

Andrew_AWS (34 posts) • 0

If you walk down Wenhua Xiang from Wenlin Jie, the entrance to Yunda is on your right as you near the end of Wenhua Xiang (where it joins Yieryi Dajie). The building with the gym is on your right immediately as you enter the university grounds - it's next to the canteen. It's about 55 kuai for 13 visits, but there's no treadmill or bike, and it closes at lunchtimes and before 4pm on weekends. It is cheap though.

Wow yeah without a treadmill or bike im not sure I understand what sort of cardio options they could possibly have....those are like the most basic pieces of equipment a gym could really have.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

I have been to multi-gym rooms in many sports centres back home that have no bike or treadmill.
They focus on strength training. It is not that unusual. Although there is a distinct lack of lycra.

Andrew_AWS (34 posts) • 0

It's less of a gym really, and more of a spare room where some dilapidated old equipment has been set up. There's a few dumbells, a few barbells, benches, one of those cable stations, a smith machine, and fixed-weight machines for the following: shoulder press, seated rows and leg press. That's it. There's a place to change but no lockers or showers.

Chingis (242 posts) • 0

"Wow yeah without a treadmill or bike im not sure I understand what sort of cardio options they could possibly have....those are like the most basic pieces of equipment a gym could really have."

From memory they have a tattered skipping rope in the corner...

Okay ill probably at least check it out, but my original question was if there is a gym nearby with at least a bike and treadmill that is reasonably priced. I live on wenlinjie so somewhere fairly close is also preferable. I can simply buy dumbells and jump rope and use them in my apartment, but thats not what im looking for. So does anyone know?

Related forum threads

Login to post