GoKunming Forums

Big Bargain Buffets

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Anyone recommend any eat-all-you-can buffets in Kunming?

I went to "Golden Silver Jaguar" restaurant just east of WenMiao the other day for a buffet lunch. It's 148RMB for walk-in (weekdays, lunch) but only 98RMB if you book/pay online.

kunming.lashou.com/deal/7670099.html (chinese)
There were literally 100-200 dishes available including lots of seafood (shellfish, squid, shark, sea cucumber, crocodile!) and lots of non-sea dishes too (salad, sushi, bread, desserts, ice-cream, fesh fruit juice, small steaks, steamed food, other more standard chinese dishes, etc). It was really good quality and I left very stuffed indeed.

Anyone know of anything better?

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

:O Crocodile?? :'(
Green Lake hotel has a good breakfast buffet. Western and Chinese food. 88 kuai. Somebody recommended it on here before, I tried it and it was great.
Also the Wyndham grand plaza often have an evening seafood buffet, pricey though. It's been advertised in the events section before.

Danmairen (510 posts) • 0

Buffet places in China often have sizeable discounts in the form of VIP cards where you have to buy 10,20 or more tickets. Many "5" star hotels offer this. We usually buy a stack every month at either a nice hotel restaurant nearby: normal price 138, 20 tickets for 998 but they have to be used within a month or at the local golf club 998 for 15, same 30 days deal. Either way, if you go to any place and get 2 meat and 3 veggie dishes, it's often 100 yuan or more. Here you get better quality, nice surroundings, 40-50 dishes to shovel from as well as juice/soft drinks/beer included as well as cakes/pastries and ice cream. It's really a no-brainer if you can find a good place with a decent discount system.

tallamerican (396 posts) • 0

Agree with HFCAMPO, cannot go wrong with Yizoula Brazilian Barbeques. They have a salad buffett, juice, and bring grilled beef, pork, chicken, sausages, and various other items which they slice at your table. Cost is 66 rmb for lunch and 88 for dinner. My favorite thing is after eating their numerous times have never left feeling ill.

tommann (423 posts) • 0

Ocean, I went to the Gold Silver Jaguar too. The selection is outrageous: it is like an entire city of food that you can eat as much as you want to of! Some of it was pretty good, but some was disappointing, such as the crabs which had almost no meat inside.

To me what made it worth it was the unlimited sushi and sashimi. The sashimi guy was rather stingy, so I had to go back several times, but I ended up eating lots of sashimi — as much as I wanted. Also, there is unlimited beer and wine!

Some of the seafood I found to be not so good, but overall, anyone can find something they like, and you can eat as much as you want. Also, I would say that there are probably almost 1,000 dishes in total.

OceanOcean (1193 posts) • 0

Yes, my 100-200 dishes was definitely an underestimate. I didn't try the seafood myself (gout) but plenty of others went down a treat. Recommend the desserts too - eclairs, sponges, fruit, ice-creams (scoop and soft), chocolate fountain. Outrageous is the word (...damn, I'm dribbling again!)

thewonderer (59 posts) • 0

Glad to have read this thread as was going to go golden silver jaguar at lunch. Did not know u had to book online to get best price for lunch.

Interested in the izola Brazilian BBQ. Can anyone give me the website details or addresses?

Thanks

Related forum threads

Login to post