GoKunming Forums

Flying without a Passport

harry216921 (21 posts) • 0

Hi All,

There was a thread about a year ago regarding flying (domestically) without a passport, due to it being at the PSB for VISA renewal.

www.gokunming.com/[...]

Just wondering if anybody has any updated info or experiences on this?

Cheers,
Harry

dubwise (14 posts) • 0

Hi!

I just heard from a university teacher that she knows about some students who actually bought plane tickets without passport, because the same reason of yours. In this case you will need a yellow paper instead of your passport. With this paper you can book hotel as well.

Cheers

mPRin (821 posts) • 0

Yep as dubwise said, you can fly with the receipt you get when you hand in your passport for extension. Do check with the airline though, each airline has different rules.

GoK Moderator (5096 posts) • 0

If you think you are going to fly, mention this to the PSB when you go for visa renewal. They can provide you with any paperwork needed. With me, they made a photocopy of my passports and 'chopped' it.

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

We were not able to fly from Guangzhou to Kunming with the receipt we got from the embassy. They said no on the phone and upon arrival at the airport they said no again. Just saying, you may be SOL like us.

harry216921 (21 posts) • 0

Just to update - flew without any issues last week. Just used the yellow receipt from the PSB.

A few people looked strangely at it when I handed it over, but went through without any problems.

Related forum threads

Login to post