GoKunming Forums

Coke made with Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup?

AlexKMG (2387 posts) • 0

Coke in China is made with sugar (cane or otherwise)? Or is it a mix of sugar and high fructose corn syrup?

Tonyaod (824 posts) • 0

Just read the content label of a coke bottle lying around. The label lists sugar and "fructose syrup" as an ingredient. Whether the fructose comes from corn or some other starch matter is open to speculation.

Good luck!

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

I am pretty sure is fructose syrup here in china...you can tell, when you are somewhere where they make it with real sugar! Its much better!

eric25001 (41 posts) • 0

China just passed the USA in the number of people with diabetis. Drinking a 'COKE' with table sugar or high fructose corn syrup results in higher blood sugars and contributes to diabetis. Many artificial sweeteners like aspertame and sucrolose (Splenda') can do the same for a large part of the population.

Cut back or eliminate these from the diet and reduce obesity and diabetis.

Stevia which grows and is available in Yunnan is a better alternative to sugar or man made sweeteners.

Support Yunnan and use stevia or no sweeteners like hot water.

Eric

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

hahah! Eric, I can appreciate what you are saying but, I don't think anyone is going to be trading their coke for a hot steamy glass of water!

Asanee (117 posts) • 0

Hot water...urrgg unless it's hot tea, which is OK. Why can't they just put ice in water? SE Asia (and the rest of the world) is so refreshing, you get ice in your soft drinks and additionally (though this is unique to SE Asia) ice in your beer too. I like that. No, actually...I love that.

bjtokm (193 posts) • 0

When its hot out i like the ice in the beer too! The quote a laos woman a couple months back...."No ice, no beer lao"..

Related forum threads

Login to post