GoKunming Forums

Looking for Western Children to play with!

Amina (29 posts) • 0

Hi, we are an Australian family living near Green lake. My son is nearly 5 and my daughter is 2 and a half.
They are really needing some children to play with especially my son.

They have bikes and like to cycle around Green lake and we want to start swimming soon too. We have an apartment for children to play on rainy days so if anyone has similar aged children, please let us know and come over for a play with our lego, playdough or lets do painting etc.

Email: amina_eastham(AT)hotmail.com

Amina (29 posts) • 0

P.s. Would also love to meet Chinese children too but we are only beginners with the language but ALL are welcome

atomic (156 posts) • 0

Hi Amina, I am an Australian living here in Kunming with my Chinese wife and our 4 year old son. He has spent most of his life here and only speaks Mandarin. We also live near the lake in hua sha shi lu. If you think we could help each other then please call. My telephone # is 3612070. By the way there are several good pools in the city, the one nearest is heated it has a shallower pool with slides etc. for the toddlers and a deeper one for everyone else. They also give swimming lessons, but I think you have to be 6 or older. Regards atomic

looey (4 posts) • 0

Hi Amina
We have a four year old boy in the same boat. We'd like to see about getting together!
Pls. email me @ epistle4u(AT)yahoo(dot)com
Gina

seahorse62 (141 posts) • 0

Hey, I am from America and have a 1 1/2 yr old daughter and a 3 1/2 year old son. We are out in the west but I would love to take them to Green Lake for some play times with other kids. Also were is this heated pool with slides that was mentioned in a previous post. I have older kids also and they are always wanting to swim. Thanks.

Hugh&Sylvie (13 posts) • 0

We are a Canadian couple with a 4 year old Chinese daughter. We are arriving in Kunming next week to look into the possobility of spending a school year in China so that our daughter will "get" mandarin.
We are interested in meeting up playing and talking with other families to learn what might be involved in doing this if we choose to.
We will be staying initially in the Green Lake area and would like to know of any activities which may be of interest for a 4 year old.
Is there prehaps an international students association?

atomic (156 posts) • 0

Hi Hugh&Sylvie, I'm an Australian living in the Green lake area with my wife and 4 year old son. Happy to help where I can, email me at edm.mark@gmail.com and I'll send on my contact telephone #. Regards Mark (atomic)

Amina (29 posts) • 0

Hi Hugh & Sylvie, please call or sms me 136 1963 1937
We live on Luo Feng Jie, near Green lake too with our boy, just turned 5 and girl, nearly 3.

We are also looking into schools for our son to learn Mandarin. Your daughter is welcome to come over and play or we can show you those parks.

Atomic : I am going to email you today too so the boys can get together.

Amina

andithewanderer (1 post) • 0

Hey Amina,

Are you still around in Kunming?

I'm Austrian, working in Sichuan at present, but my family (my son 1.5 years, and his mum) is still down in Kunming.

They're living close to Green Lake and would surely love to join your circle, even though my wife doesn't speak much English.

My phone no. is (0)136 18128130, i'll get in touch with you by email too.

Greetings,

Andi

Related forum threads

Login to post