GoKunming Forums

Cinema in KM with no dubbed movies?

sickness (22 posts) • 0

Hi, I would love to be able to go to a cinema in KM where they would show movies in English(i.e. not dubbed). Or at least with English text... I am tired of buying crappy cam/TS recordings of new movies with even more worse subtitles.

onceagain (9 posts) • 0

i download movie from internet, good quality and in english, which movie do u want exactly, give me name i can send u the web address

xwrcab (6 posts) • 0

A cinema in Jianshe Road have some current movies are english with chinese subtitle, check that out, is near at Yunnan University(wenhua alley), ask for the nearest cinema you will get there...good luck

xwrcab (6 posts) • 0

If you understand Some Chinese, go to www.pps.tv/

Download the software (FREE)download.ppstream.com/ppstreamsetup.exe

Use your broadband to watch anything you like...
they have tons of TV programs(live or rerun) including english movie, some of them even are HD movies.

Ps. Now have exclusive Olympic Games online

This software only work well in China... not sure using aboard though.

sickness (22 posts) • 0

thanx a lot guys/girls.

and to you onceagain: I have pretty good knowledge in downloading but once in a while I like to see the movies in a theater.

And even if you get the movies from the internet you still get to wait for a "long" time before you can get a proper dvdrip. If you want the newer movies there are mostly cams/TS versions out there, and thats pretty crappy quality if you compare to "the real thing".

onceagain (9 posts) • 0

samo samo, i like cinema too but still i enjoy my downloading since most of the new movies r so commercial, personally i dont like those stuff, so,, u know what i mean. oh and they do have english movie in theater, u just go there and i believe the staff will give u the ticket for english movie once they see u r foreigner

bluppfisk (398 posts) • 0

I believe all cinemas only have subs, no dubs.

You should probably not use UUSee, PPTV or any of those programs. Not only will they keep launching and using up valuable resources on your computer, I also wouldn't trust that they do not call home with information gathered about you.

Slightly older videos can often be watched for free at youku.com, or sometimes for the little amount of 5 RMB.

Otherwise, if you have a VPN, there's always thepiratebay.se.

laotou (1714 posts) • 0

To watch videos using pptv etc - create an essentially blank or clean account on your computer/laptop/etc. Then use that account to watch videos etc. Not perfect security, but good enough to defeat most cookie monsters etc AND it should run slightly faster than your normal busy work account with lots of open apps, plug-ins, etc.

Related forum threads

Login to post