GoKunming Forums

China tourist visa in Laos

koston (11 posts) • 0

Hello,
so I'm planning on going to Laos to get an L visa before my F visa expires. My F visa expires on the 25th of February and I was planning on going to Luang Prabang, Laos before then.
My questions are these:

Does anyone know the Spring Festival holiday schedule for the Chinese embassy in Lao? It seems like most embassies in western countries are closed from Feb 11 - Feb 13. But I can't find anything about the Laos embassy schedule.
Will I run into any problems regarding the new regulations? Need booked flight out of China, hotel reservation, invitation letter...
Can I have an agency in Luang Prabang run my passport to the embassy in Vientianne for me and is this a safe choice?

BTW I have a Canadian passport with several chinese visas in it from the past year, a Z visa, a couple of L visas with a couple months spent in south east asia in between, and an F visa.

juicy (5 posts) • 0

U have to go to Vientiane yourself. Bring a ticket from your flight in and out and a hostelbooking, and u also need to bring I think 2 copies of everything (including passport). Btw, if ur planning on extending ur visa once ur back in China (so don't wanna buy a ticket out of China) u can get a fake one, they advertise for it in all the travelagencies in VT.
It'll take like 4 workingdays. And it doesn't matter how many visa's u had before, just pretend like ur only going to China for travel, don't mention study/work/visaextension/etc.

(this was all 6 months ago)

koston (11 posts) • 0

thanks for that first hand info, juicy (if that even is your real name). cheers.
yeah i used google, couldn't find anything about holidays of the chinese embassy in laos specifically. the chinese language website for the embassy seems to have a lot more usefull info, ill try to get a friend to decipher it for me. cheers to you too geezer!
and anymore recent first hand info would be awesome.

Related forum threads

Login to post